AQUACEL® Ag Foam
Everything you love about foam — and more.
The only silver foam dressing that offers the healing benefits of a Hydrofiber™ contact layer, the comfort of foam and the bacteria-killing power of ionic silver.*1
AQUACEL® Ag Foam dressings give you:
- A waterproof top layer that permits evaporation of excess moisture while protecting against viral/bacterial penetration,*2 allowing the patient to shower and bathe
- A soft, absorbent foam pad to enhance patient comfort and absorb excess fluid
- A Hydrofiber™ layer with ionic silver that gels on contact with wound fluid and helps provide an optimal environment for wound healing
- A gentle silicone adhesive that provides secure, skin-friendly adhesion, easy removal and demonstrated low potential for dermal irritation or allergic contact sensitization3
The addition of ionic silver provides the ability to kill a broad spectrum of wound-related microbes in the dressing through:
- Rapid and effective antimicrobial action*1, 4-5
- Controlled release of ionic silver as wound exudate is absorbed into the dressing*1, 4-5
- Sustained antimicrobial activity for up to 14 days*1, 4-5
ConvaTec Hydrofiber™ Technology gives AQUACEL® dressings powerful capabilities.
*As demonstrated in vitro
- Jones SA, Bowler PG, Walker M, Parsons D. Controlling wound bioburden with a novel silver-containing Hydrofiber dressing. Wound Repair Regen. 2004;12(3):288-294.
- AQUACEL® foam Dressing - waterproofness, bacterial and viral barrier testing. WHRI3538 MS069. Data on File, ConvaTec Inc.
- Repeat Insult Patch Test CW‐0206‐11‐A730. Data on File, ConvaTec Inc
- Bowler PG, Jones SA, Walker M, Parsons D. Microbicidal properties of a silver-containing Hydrofiber dressing against a variety of burn wound pathogens. J Burn Care Rehabil.2004;25(2):192-196.
- Bowler PG, Welsby S, Towers V, Booth R, Hogarth A, Rowlands V, Joseph A, Jones SA. Multidrug-resistant organisms, wounds and topical antimicrobial protection. Int Wound J 2012; 9:387–396.